Lupin, the famous French series that sneakily captured our hearts is finally back tomorrow! No thanks to the cliffhanger ending in Part 1, the past few months have been especially intolerable for fans like us as we ponder upon the questions, “Wait, what?” and “No! What happened?!”. The wait is over and that means we can finally get these burning questions below answered.
1. Did Raoul survive?
Lupin: Part 1 ended on a cliffhanger that not only kept us on the edge of our seats. but also made us paint a thousand possible scenarios in our heads. Will Assane be able to save his only child or will the anguish of losing Raoul turn the story around?
2. Will Hubert Pelligrini pay for what he did to Assane Diop’s father?
There are but a few villains that we truly despise, and Hubert Pelligrini is at the top of the list. With zero remorse and no sense of empathy, he has successfully bought his way to the top. Guess we’ll have to wait to find out if money talks or if justice will prevail.
3. Will Youssef Guedira’s obsession with Lupin make him an ally or will the cat-and-mouse game go on a little longer?
Every good series needs an unexpected ally, and in Assane’s case, that person is Guedira. The trailer hints at Guedira teaming up with Lupin, but is he really an ally or are his actions hiding his true intentions – to put Assane behind bars once and for all?
4. Will Assane be captured by the police for good?
As much as we love Assane and his clever tricks and disguises, we know he’s broken one too many laws. Will the righteous arm of the law finally get a grasp of Assane (with the help of Guedira maybe?) or will he wiggle his way out again? *poof*
5. Juliette Pellegrini. Innocent pawn… in it with her dad?
No one really knows what her intentions are at the end of Lupin:Part 1. Does she know more than she lets on, or is she just another innocent bystander in the grand scheme of things?
6. [BONUS] Will Malaysia be mentioned again in Lupin: Part 2?
Malaysia was mentioned twice in the first part of Lupin and that got us thinking. Will there be a continuation in the storyline for us or maybe a spotlight on our delicious food? Either way, we can’t wait for the adventure Lupin: Part 2 has for us!
[SUPER BONUS] LUPIN Character Cheat Sheet
- Assane Diop (Omar Sy)
- The main character and the protagonist in Lupin.
- Inspired by and assumes the role of famous literary gentleman thief and master of disguise, Arsène Lupin, to avenge his father’s death and outwit those who stand in his way.
- Hubert Pellegrini (Hervé Pierre)
- One of the richest men in France and is considered a powerful businessman.
- Blamed Assane’s father and his chauffeur, Babakar Diop for stealing, which then resulted in Babakar’s untimely death while in prison.
- Benjamin Ferel (Antoine Gouy)
- Assane’s best friend, and runs an antique shop.
- Probably the only person who is entirely informed of all of Assane’s plans.
- Juliette Pellegrini (Clotilde Hesme)
- Hubert Pellegrini’s daughter and had a one-time thing with Assane.
- Works closely with her father on his business affairs and is known to set up charitable foundations.
- Youseff Guedira (Soufiane Guerrab)
- A detective in the Paris police force and the first person to recognise that the offender was inspired by Arsène Lupin.
- May come off as obsessive but in reality, he’s the only person that’s hot on Assane’s heels.
- Fabienne Beriot (Anne Benoît)
- Ex-journalist whose exposé on the Pellegrini family led to her being sued and getting blacklisted by the media industry.
- Helped Assane by providing proof of Hubert Pellegrini selling weapons to arm traffickers who later launched a terrorist attack at the French embassy in Malaysia.
- Gabriel Dumont (Vincent Garanger)
- The detective in charge of overseeing Assane’s father’s case back in the day.
- Is now the commissioner of the Parisian police force.
- Babakar Diop (Fargass Assandé)
- Assane’s father and Hubert Pellegrini’s former chauffeur
- Imprisoned after being framed for stealing a centuries-old necklace that once belonged to Marie-Antoinette, which was under Hubert Pellegrini‘s possession, and allegedly committed suicide in prison.
Catch all-new episodes of Lupin:Part 2 on Netflix tomorrow, 11 June at 3PM MYT.